PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 03:24
Aviatrix91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
What I don't understand is why all this recruiting is occurring? I know Jetstar has been losing pilots to QF but I would not have thought that those numbers are large enough to warrant two years and counting of massive recruitment. Normally expansion of the airline generates that level of recruitment and that is not taking place either. Anyway good for the pilots getting selected.
its because they were very short of people to begin with plus as mentioned they have lost a few, not just to QF but to the other subsidiarys in Vietnam and Japan. I forget the exact number that was quoted to me but from the 100+ that was recruited last year they only saw a rise in FO numbers by 40. Recruitment has slowed because as has been said on here many times that sim slots are very limited (globally) not just in Australia, and FO numbers have come up. It will of course change again in the not too distant future as we are short of captains and once the shuffle is made through the fleets to fix that current issue, we will be short again of FOs. Also with the new aircraft coming in 2020 will see an expansion and route shuffle