PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bose ProFlight headset user reviews
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 09:58
leeus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve been using the ProFlight for almost two weeks on the A320. I previously had a Sennheiser ANR headset. I really wanted to love the ProFlight but unfortunately I’m going to be returning it.

Ive used it on a variety of sector lengths from 5.5hr to 1.5hr. I wanted a light headset to be comfortable on longer sectors. It’s very light but unfortunately that’s about it.

- The talk through function is a great idea. You tap a particular ear bud and the ANR stops and you can talk to someone in the flight deck without pulling an ear bud out. Unfortunately like others have mentioned this has a habit of activating during landing. Not only that it was switching the ANR off in one ear for some take offs and even taxiing over lights. Any vibration it seems and it goes. Very distracting when taking off and landing. It annoyed me so much I had to deactivate the talk through using the switch where the batteries are.
- I find it uncomfortable for my ears. I tried all sizes of buds. The medium were the best fit but I found my ears got really sore by the end of the flight. I tried the smaller sized buds thinking that would help but they were too small and were still very uncomfortable. One of my ears still hurts today from my flight yesterday morning. Maybe I have strange sized ears.
- The cable/battery pack is very heavy. You need to definitely hook it onto something so that when you turn in the flight deck your headset doesn’t drag you back. A really small issue though to be honest.

I think I’ll be getting the A20 instead. Such a shame as I was really excited about the ProFlight.