PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyclone AX3 evaluation by RAF
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2018, 12:53
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Forfoxake
I have checked my log book and reminded that my first flight (with Jon George at Popham) was recorded as in 'AX-3 Premier' registered F-59EE. Not sure why I would have put that regn in my logbook if it was not on aircraft but I cannot find a picture to prove it!

It was actually my second flight that was at the Drayton St. Leonards farm strip with Bill Sherlock in 'AX-3 Cyclone' but that was in F-59GD.!
I remember F59GD; it was a much improved version having larger wheels and a Rotax 582 engine. Bill lent it to the Halton operation (by now named the 'Ridge Runners') for a couple of weeks but I never got to fly it as the weather was too bad for a while.

Anyway the upshot of the visit from HQ Air Cadets (thinking back now I believe one of them was actually from CFS) was that although the aircraft flew well, they were unable to commit public finds to support us due to the Rotax engines not being certified aircraft engines. We were allowed to fly cadets provided their parents gave consent via a special 'blood chit' which was derived from a template contained in AP1919 however so the cadets could record the flights in their log books..