PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyclone AX3 evaluation by RAF
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2018, 08:44
patowalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers
I quite agree with the first point, but see no issue in the second: the "immatriculation" is the "registration", 22IS in the example. It does go with the airframe. @PC rightly states that F-J(ghi) is the callsign, not the registration. That the callsign goes with the owner of the radio license is new to me. But the idea has some merit, as many microlight pilots use a handheld radio that they carry from one plane to another.
Jan,
Let me add to your confusion. I have fixed the second link in my previous post and you will see that the decree refers to radio installations in aircraft, which is why it uses the generic 'registration'. There are no registration marks on a French microlight, only identification marks. That is why they have an ID card instead of a certificate of registration.

The callsign is attached to a single aircraft. If that decree didn't convince you, search for images of ULM radio licences online. I was refused an LSA for my Chaser,28FY, because the ICOM handheld was sourced in the UK, instead of France. I obtained a certificate from ICOM Japan stating the my radio was idententical to the FR model, but the DGAC wouldn't budge.