PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2018, 12:07
Hannspree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wycjol

Take home pay in summer is averaging £6000 with 10-12 days of flying @80-ish hours (and an additional 10 standby/reserve).
Winter is about £5400 with 4 or 5 days of flying @ 30-ish hours (and about 15 standby/reserve).
mmmm in my experience its a bit different
Summer £5800 to 6500 is NET in your hands so to speak.
Winter £5200 But that is a bit lower than average because as I litterly done NOTHING last winter.

I dont know a single FO or Capt in my base flying less than 90 hrs a month most closer to 95. Thats of course ignoring AL / sickness. Im using discretion A LOT this year 3-4 times a month but thats French ATC rather than ****ty rosters. Most days are 2 sectors only 1 overnight 3 sec duty and its only at the week ends luck of the draw some are nailed 3 times a month others haven't done it yet !!!

Hours yep 700 a year ish but be warned its 600 during the summer ... April to Oct and 50-150 during the winter. The 10 stbys a month is a lot, in my exp more like 4 reserves ( 90% not called ) and 3 perhaps 4 Stby a month ( so far exactly a 50% call out for me)

Lots of options for winter leave both paid and unpaid.

Defiantly busier this year and will be more so next year. Some horrible reports expect to see a full office @ 5 am and again @ 2 -3 am on lates.

Despite the mayhem of the French the rosters are preety stable its not a FIXED roster but on the published roster the days off DONT change but you will get the odd call asking to work a day off. but absolutely zero pressure to say yes , in fact I've never said yes EVER !

Over all its the best company Ive worked for in 22 years flying ( only 3 here in J2 ) in my not so humble opinion. Most people are happy........ with the normal bitching and moaning we are so good at. Ive noticed its the ppl that live 90 mins from the AP that are the ppl most unhappy as its a bloody killer in the summer but thats their fault. Come Sept you can really see the wear and tare telling on them..