PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting The Chop
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2018, 11:15
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Never give up" is good for how to approach your life generally but perhaps less helpful so when it comes to life-critical things like flying?? Equally, "knowing and recognising your limits" also comes into play bigtime.

I was never particularly great at powered flying .. "agricultural with the controls" was how my UAS boss politely described my flying. After that, on a VGS, it was different and I didn't do too badly and really enjoyed it. Until I went to CFS for my C-Cat course... and was assigned the worst, most useless twunt of an A2* QFI that ever walked this earth. Everything he did was different to the procedures had been drummed into me for the previous 4 years and I got regular criticism from him, despite me protesting to no avail that he was teaching things differently to all the other QFIs. By some miracle though I passed the course and became a baby QGI.

Went back to my parent VGS, passed the site checks etc but then learned that my basic skills really weren't good enough to cope with studes trying to kill me. I quit soon after that and to this day haven't regretted that decision.

Sad and disappointed yes but bitter, no.

CS