PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Oakland (our new hotel destination for SFO)
Old 31st Jul 2018, 00:40
Koan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Apple Tree Yard
Ahh, the old "bigotry" accusation, the usual default attack position of the left. A perusal of the latest crime statistics for different urban areas of the USA will make it quite clear just how dangerous Oakland is. The racial makeup of the town is not something you can just wish away. I know for you liberals the acceptance of fact is a bit difficult at most times. It's hard for you to deal with the real world outside of your little bubbles of self-delusion that you inhabit. As for purchasing property in Oakland. Bwahahahaha
I'm not a liberal sir.

Have you ever driven up Skyline Blvd? Too rich for my blood
Ever eaten at Baywolf on Peidmont Avenue? (Guess it has been reborn as The Wolf).
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/...n-as-the-wolf/
Are you even a professional pilot? Are you uncomfortable sharing the flight deck with a colleague of the "darker", as you posted, persuasions?
I'm not with CX I will ask my friend who is a Captain at CX where the layover hotel is located as it would not be prudent to post here for security reason.
The area around KOAK/Hegenberger is not safe to walk around at night, neither is MLK Blvd. No crews will be walking around there, and all big cities in the US have have bad areas thanks to poverty and drugs anyway. San Fran is overrun with aggressive homeless and human wastes. I'd rather stay at Mariott Fisherman's Wharf or the Airport hotels than anywhere downtown.

CX crews will not have any issues in OAK. Just as laying over in Delhi best to stick around Paharganj and not wander into some slum, and avoid street hassles.

Last edited by Koan; 31st Jul 2018 at 01:08.