PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2018, 22:52
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear
Good loads then!

You can dummy book the max of 38 passengers onto almost any of the flights, which suggests the loads are pretty poor. Gonna need a huge advertising push if they are gonna make it work next year, and the website needs a good tidy up. Currently it fails to load for me the first time I try to access it, and there are a few inconsistencies to be found on the site. One positive (partially due to low loads I guess) is that operationally the route seems to have been fairly successful so far with no fuel stops required or major delays or cancellations even in the recent hot weather (as far as I am aware anyway...).

There's an interesting podcast done by AviaDev interviewing the CEO, Paul Dendle which is worth a listen. The Canaries operation from other UK airports seems quite resourceful operationally, especially considering people generally don't care for crap flight times if they can save a few quid.

A link can be found on this page: https://www.aviationdevelop.com/social-feed

I do hope they can make the operation work though, as even though from a passenger number point of view there won't be much gain, it will help to diversify the airports operations and provide local holidaymakers with some extra choice as I'm sure there are plenty who realise there is only so many times you can go to Alicante, Palma or Faro before it gets a bit underwhelming!