PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One more lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2018, 17:15
STW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropknee, there was no smoke in the cockpit.

Tekling, I have no ground to question your report, but please keep in mind it is anecdotal and doesn' t automatically speak for the organization as such.
I think controversies between engineering and the cpt are part of the system, they are unavoidable. I think Cathay Maintenance is alright, in my experience, but ok, thats anecdotal as well if you like

Oriental Flyer,
you are entitled to your opinion, no question. Take the aircraft or don't. If you would have refused the flight from Shemya that would have been also fine. That is my point: in Cathay you can not accept an aircraft, you can refuse to operate. I do not know of any case this has led to personal problems.

Landflap and Airprofit, there was a damaged recuircuit fan. It smelled, so they landed in Pasy. Then, after hours on ground, they continued to Anc I believe. Thats it. What more information do you need? My point is: what is the big fuss? These fans fail occasionally, and then you can smell it for a few seconds. I am not questioning the decision to go to Shemya, far from it, just saying there was no actual danger.

Mng Mole: is that a hard rule, only 5 posts = management? Interesting. For the record: my point is that this kind of travesty is hurting our totally justified position elsewhere, where it counts, in the present negotiations. I said it in my post, we need to chose our battles, and not just blindly shoot at everything that moves.