PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting The Chop
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2018, 17:13
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
A fine post, RetiredBA/BY!

On a more light-hearted note, a mate of mine was once marched in for a chop interview with the Boss during his Hunter AFT course at Valley (he was too tall for the Gnat).

This came as something of a shock, as Bloggs had done very well at RAFC on the JP - and IIRC, had also been a Sword of Honour winner. His Hunter QFIs had heaped praise on his T7 flights and he was soon solo on the GT6. When the Boss asked him for his response, he said "Well, it's rather a surprise, Sir - I thought I was doing OK". "Well, young man, we have very high standards and I'm afraid...."
At which point the phone rang. "I told you I wasn't to be disturb...What? WHAT?? Bugger....!"
He turned to my chum and announced "Seems I've been talking to the wrong chap. Please delete all after Good Morning with my apologies - you are indeed doing exceptionally well!"
"Thank you, Sir. Is there anyone you would like me to send in?"
"Err, no - I'll sort it out myself"

The laughter from the QFIs office at the Boss's misident was loud and clear "Silly bugger should know his students better" was one of the more polite comments.

Chum was posted to Harriers from Brawdy - but resigned his commission and emigrated.