PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Pilots arrested Malta
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2003, 05:06
Freccia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECAM..I am not Ray Micallef I assure you. As I said I do not even know this Ray Micallef and even if the Maltese aviation scene was and is of interest to me I have not heard this name mentioned before and therefore I have no interest in protecting him or as you imply. To get you in the picture I once was thinking of starting a similar business with Maltese people but I transferred my attention somewhere else for reasons mentioned before (pity).

Anyway I fully agree with Hostie and employing people without a work permit is a big NO-NO and if this is the case I agree that something should be done so that these things do not happen. ECAM This is Maltese and is licensed to fly these aircraft (according to the profile) oppure he was he not given the job? Why did European 2000 request foreigners when Maltese pilots could fly the plane?

Not paying pilots is another big NO-NO plus a number of other things that are rumoured. What I said is that the company European 2000, if all this is true, is as you say…should not be trusted but until rumours turn into facts I feel that waiting for such sad rumours in Malta aviation to start an orgy of personal attacks is not appropriate. If somebody feels something unjust was done to him he should settle things in court.

To answer YGHP I also agree with what he says. The 11 points mentioned if true are horrible and cannot imagine somebody getting away with all that! What I don’t quite get is comments like “a cowboy like Micallef” “crook” Bull****ter etc which in my opinion are out of context. I might be wrong and stand to be corrected on this.

Anyway to cut it short, I am quite happy to see what is going on as the story unfolds and will be visiting these forums often but I don’t wish this issue to end up out of context and acts only as a personal target range between people because all interest and benefit will be lost. I will also be trying to possibly get some additional info and will keep you posted. Ciao