PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Salary?
Thread: Initial Salary?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2018, 10:30
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My estimate was for a 2-sector day so I guess that's worst-case scenario, right?

Going back to salary, one thing that confuses me is that people have stated that pilots fly more during summer and less during winter which kinda makes sense, but how does this affect pay? I know the answer will be it depends on airline and contract terms so let's talk about specific airlines. easyJet on pilotjobsnetwork lists £43,783 (assuming before tax) with no sector pay, so I guess that's just £43,783/12 = £3,648.58 minus tax per month, and I assume this would be consistent throughout the year. What about the newly upgraded FO at £51,734 but now with £19.86 which I assume to be sector pay? Does this mean he gets a basic of £4,311.17 minus tax per month as a basic salary regardless of whether it's winter or summer?

Jet2 also gives a yearly pay of £44,767 plus sector pay, so again, the pilot gets a basic salary each month regardless of time of the year? RyanAir lists a gross basic for Captains but nothing for FO/SO, so how do they work?