PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Certificate Revalidation - do I need to inform the CAA?
Old 29th Jul 2018, 16:29
Happy Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructor Certificate Revalidation - do I need to inform the CAA?

I've just revalidated my FI(A) Certificate via (a) flying experience, and (b) attendance on an Instructor Refresher Seminar. Form SRG1135 is complete and signed by the seminar ATO, and my FI Certificate on my licence has also been revalidated by the ATO.

As I didn't do an Assessment of Competence this time round, do I still need to send the completed SRG1135 to the CAA or not? The application includes an option to have a licence re-issued for a revalidation, but this doesn't seem mandatory. The latest CAA Scheme of Charges suggests a £91 charge for the renewal/revalidation of an FI Certificate, but I'm assuming this is only when you want a new updated licence re-issued. If I don't submit the SRG1135, I take it the CAA won't know that my Certificate has been revalidated as the seminar ATO won't have advised them separately.

Anyone know if I'm able to submit the SRG1135 to the CAA but not request licence re-issue and therefore avoid the £91 charge?

Many thanks

HW