PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Salary?
Thread: Initial Salary?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2018, 14:36
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RYR is the ICAO code and FR is the IATA code.

I believe some Ryanair contracts guarantee a minimum amount of block hours per month.

Ryanair pilot Ts&Cs are so varied and convoluted, every Ryanair pilot will invariably give you different figures. At Ryanair you will either be a contractor(on the decrease now because of unionisation) or a permanent employee of Ryanair. If based in the UK and on a permanent contract you are paid in Pounds. If you are on any of the other contracts you are paid in Euros, even if based in the UK. If you are a contractor you will get the same hourly rate as per ppjn, regardless of the country you are based in. If you are on a permanent contract you will be paid at the rate set for the country of your home base. On a permanent contract, FO or Captain, you will be paid; a basic salary, allowance, bonus(depends on your attendance), flight pay(depends on hours flown). If you Join Ryanair as a cadet you will go on to a training contract at completion of TR and stay on that until end of Line Training, afterwards you will either become a contractor or get a permanent contract paying the rate for the country you are based in. I'm sure this is all crystal clear haha! To sum it up and being conservative, you are probably looking at £3500/€4000 net as a FO and £6000/€7000 net as a Captain.

Right, Modular vs Integrated..... I've been flying since I was 14, now 27 and in the middle of my commercial training via the modular route. I've flown with some very experienced pilots over the years; all have told me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have the aptitude to be a commercial pilot. I've been at various cadet scheme assessments over the years, done all sorts of aptitude tests, group exercises and interviews; failed everyone of them - the reasons they gave me varied from not motivated, failed the computer aptitude tests, haven't enough confidence/personality...... are the pilots that have flown with me for years or the airline assessors correct about my ability to be an airline pilot??? So when some complete monkey(not my words) gets into an airline on the back of their flight schools' reputation, it does make one wonder to put it mildly.

Here is a little story in conclusion. Years ago a chap hired a Cessna from the GA company beside my club. The Cessna developed an engine fire on startup, the chap got out of the aircraft and proceeded to blow into the exhaust like it was a birthday candle in attempt to extinguish the fire. My CFI who was watching the whole escapade had to go out and save the poor chap from disaster, chap is now a pilot for Big Airways..... airline recruitment processes still fit for purpose?