PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Salary?
Thread: Initial Salary?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2018, 05:53
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might I suggest to keep hopes realistic that you might wish to target starting in the RIGHT hand seat job first?

Ryanair I don't know the current rates of pay, but you would almost certainly start as a contractor, so no salary, just the payment per block hour. Assuming the rates on PPJN are correct:

Above 1500hrs in RYR = €83,5 per block
Above 500hrs in RYR = €78,5 per block
After line check = €63,5 per block
SO base after safety pilot released €43,5
Safety pilot release is after a min of 12 sectors, line training roughly 80 sectors. Hard to put a time on that because its dependent on a number of factors. Expect to do probably 750 hours a year or so (could be more or less at the minute, it fluctuates).

Easyjet as per PPJN according to Thegreenmachine.

Jet2 as per PPJN I belieive, as far as I know upgrade from SO to FO is at 1000 hours, then from FO to SFO at 2000 hours. Expect probably 500-700 hours a year.

Modular vs Integrated is the eternal debate. There are pros and cons to both as with everything else. I personally am a fan of modular, and having done it that way in a predominately integrated school (not any of the big ones), I can entirely agree with the opinion that modular students try harder / are more hungry. I was gobsmacked by the lack of interest and care most of the integrated students showed, albeit there were some very very good ones as well. Do also note that with planning, you can complete everything via a modular route in the same time as an integrated course, and potentially quicker if you really put your mind to it and get a bit lucky.