PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Oakland (our new hotel destination for SFO)
Old 29th Jul 2018, 02:17
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate
@magyarflyer, with all due respect, this discussion is now about who has the best ratings on US cable news and which contributor to this thread is the biggest 'muppet'. The fact that you speak from a position of knowledge regarding the original topic of this discussion is, quite frankly, purely coincidental and I dare say of little interest to the protagonists and antagonists.

STP
Steve,

You make a good point, and I’m probably a little guilty. We’ve (the airline I work for) stayed at the Hilton SFO for some time. My original intent was to commiserate. I have friends that have worked at Cathay for decades. However; the lunantic aged fringe, whose only connection to the U.S. is a television, proved to be distracting.

Its ironic really, considering the current administrations feelings regarding unions and airline pilots. I wonder if they’d side with your management, or not ? Yes they would - and they’d bend you over even further. With a MAGA hat glued firmly to some of your pilots heads. Which would be really amusing.

No, that’s not a good hotel. It’s three star at best. No, it’s not a good area. If you were a domestic airline, then you’d at least be in and out after a short stay. With Cathay - that’s obviously not the case.

Cheers.