PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61.500 (2) RA-Aus CTA approval?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2018, 06:27
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roundsounds
This is the greatest conjob going.
I cannot understand why RAAus pilots are being subjected to these overly restrictive conditions.
I am fed up dealing with CASA and want to fly my simple RAAus registered warbird but am expected to maintain a CASA medical and GA flight review to operate from places like Bankstown, Camden, Albury etc.
Roundsounds,
Yours is not to understand, yours is to comply!!

I am surprised "attempted understanding" is not a Strict Liability Criminal Offense, 50 penalty points.

There is an explanation ---- once CASA (or its predecessors) have a "power", mere logic or commonsense is not going to change it, or that it is completely unjustified and has no risk management (safety) support, no bureaucracy will relinquish power, once obtained, except in the face of overwhelming force.

With CASA waving the "safety" flag, that goes double, as we have just seen, the current Minister turned to quivering jelly once bureaucratic recommendations that changes to S9A of the Act was a "safety" issue.

GFA etc. have never had an airspace restriction, so CASA (or its predecessors) never had the opportunity to refuse a "relaxation of the restriction", only because there was no "original restriction" (a bit like original sin).

The "negotiations" with CASA for a (now) RAOz CTL qualification have been going on since at least 1996 --- brought to you by the CASA "Iron Ring".

Tootle pip!!