PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 27th Jul 2018, 22:54
Professional Amateur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seagull, Happy to take your opinions on board however I do disagree with them, I have done extensive research and what you have posted doesn't really add up. A few points I agree with though re transferring to a legacy.
Where are you flying at the moment?

Copy your points but....... There is massive advantages of flying a turbo fan 25-40T AC in a tougher environment than banging around in a Dash 8 on one of the flattest and benign continents on earth.

Re the pay.....yep that's income (I disagree with your premise re the amount (go read the EBAs..****e)) however it doesn't take into account costs. COL in the USA is far cheaper when it comes to daily amenities ie: car, fuel, food, rent, govt charges. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

I'm pretty convinced its a good gig and WILL be flipping over there in the next two to three months.

Bafanguy,

Good point about the PIC in the NE USA. I have put a lot of thought into that considering I have zip experience with that cold stuff. I have zero plans on pushing that line unless I am fully comfortable with how it all works!

Last edited by Professional Amateur; 27th Jul 2018 at 22:57. Reason: Response to Bafanguy