PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phenom
Thread: Phenom
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2018, 17:01
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
BEagle

ME students have gone straight from EFT to Multis at least as long as I have been in the RAF (1999). They have not done BFT in that whole period.

EFT included formation flying. I can’t speak for the present day EFT.

I know your gripes but you don’t have to go as far back as the 70’s to find a system that worked well.

As much as there were benefits to the system where everyone flew the JP it was hardly cost effective, or certainly wouldn’t be nowadays.

Please, sometimes, instead of harking back to a bygone era just accept that your modern day counterparts are doing the best they can with what they have. It may be different but that doesn’t automatically make it wrong.

It just doesn’t help anyone to say “bring back the flying training system of 40 years ago”.

Anyone can find problems. It takes a really clever person to find solutions. Real ones. That work. In 2018.

On a separate note, I find it a little unsavoury the way people salivate at the thought of the flying training system failing or being proven right that the Phenom may or may not have been the right jet for the job (I know nothing of multi engine aircraft so won’t offer an opinion either way). It’s the only system we have.

As your Mum used to say, “if you haven’t got anything nice to say...”

BV