PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2018, 12:32
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF MAN I smell the sent of a rat with this love fest for Heathrow !

An idea suddenly springs to mind, lets build out Heathrow scrap regional long haul and regional jobs spend more billions in Spelthorne , Hillingdon and Hounslow that will relieve the pressure and you can perhaps still get your reward mileage whilst the economy of the region declines further !

Tin hat off !

I am critical of the time MAG group took to get the TP underway however they had to convince a rather large and none local shareholder to sign off first.

I have acknowledged the failings of T1 and T3 both unfit for their current purposes.

Indeed in hindsight T1BA was a waste of resources designed specifically for a use that would quickly disappear.

Both Manchester and Birmingham got lumbered with infrastructure unfit to meet the sudden changed landscape.

Then Central Government decrees some knee jerk imho - on security rendered T2 landslide difficult whilst T1 airside almost impossible to achieve.

Still we are where we are and better late than never.

As for Mr Atis he is big enough to fight his own battles , he is normally insightful however simply called in bluff the throw away last resort comment.

He chooses the train to Edinburgh it’s workable via York less so via the direct service- TPE trains being little more than regional commuter units of 4 coaches.
Southampton I stand my ground nightmare via rail from and to Manchester period.