PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2018, 10:37
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
I would agree 100%,it used to be a brilliant wee airport.
There's no real concept now of having bread and butter routes on gates, bussing is the new norm. The new 15-17 gates are just a corrugated iron bolt-on, but the intrinsic issue for me is that the layout makes no sense. Two International Arrivals areas (take your pick), a domestic arrivals door behind Starbucks, a check in queue stretching into the old arrivals hall and most stressful of all, no clear queuing for check in. It's not fit for 2018, it's really not, and worst of all, there's just nowhere to go without spending a decent amount of money that a purely private EDI would never be able to justify an ROI around.
i operated into EDI recently from the US before position back to home base, it was around 25 minute before the first bag and no priority given to crew bags which are kept in a separate hold so had to stand there with the passengers who were complimentary about the flight and in flight service but very frustrated at the time it took for the bags to be delivered and the aircraft was directly ehind the reclaim belt up near stand 2 or 3

catching my my flight home through security was a bit of a joke and reminded me of the days when you turned left at the top of the escalator for security rather than the now shopping mall, unfortunately like most UK airport that have grown bit by bit over the years nothing short of a full rip out and start again will address the underlying shortcomings and that won’t happen