PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Icelandic volcano rumbling
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2018, 00:07
Carbon Bootprint

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blakmax
OK visited Icelandic Glacier Lake today, a short distance from the Öræfajökull volcano. No rumbles heard or felt, no ash cloud. Without closer examination (and a hostile partner) I could not verify any virgins ready for sacrifice.

Did see a black Toyota Land Crusher at one waterfall. Not sure if it was Carbon Bootprint.

Blakmax
i was at Glacier Lagoon four days ago, had a nice amphibious ride in a refurbed Lark-V around the icebergs there. I’ve been to so many waterfalls I’ve lost count, but there seems to be a lot of dark Toyota Land Crushers here. Not that it would necessarily set it apart from the rest, but mine is absolutely filthy from all the dust collected during a gravel road run through the East Fiords in the rain.

Back on topic, natives here are not concerned as these things rumble all the time. Cute little guide on the amphib actually said the 2010 eruption was good because it made the rest of the world realize Iceland existed - tourism then jumped from 100K people a year to 3 million last year. She did say they were hoping for another one.