PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Salary?
Thread: Initial Salary?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 22:44
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial Salary?

Since cost is one of the biggest barriers to entry and most if not all aspiring commercial pilots will take out a loan one way or another, I'm a bit surprised that the initial salary of a FO/SO in the usual low-cost carriers are not discussed. I've been looking at pilotjobsnetwork and trying to make sense of things but I am completely stumped. What would a newly-hired pilot be earning for his first 1-3 or 1-5 years in [insert airline here]?

Friends and family would be my first option for help and being able to give some sort of repayment timeline would be a great way to increase my chances of getting help. It would also help me approach them, hat in hand, with more confidence, or if I need to approach a bank, it would help me know what is a realistic repayment amount.

I've read a lot of threads here with numbers either from senior FOs up to senoir Captains looking for another home and discussing pay but not only are these threads sometimes confusing, they're also way, way later in the future for me. Any help in plain layman's terms would be much appreciated! Cheers!