PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines 747 excursion at KORD
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 09:12
TPE Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual Flying is actively discouraged. I was once admonsihed for disconnecting the auto pilot as the speed increased rapidly towards VMO due to windshear during a STAR. After disagreeing with the Instructor and showing him the FCTM, where it clearly states to Take Over. His response, "we don't use that manual in this airline. We don't fly Airbus, we fly China Airlines procedures." "The Auto Pilot will always do a better job than a pilot will do."
Taxiing is a different story. Again a result of being unable to think for themselves. A stystemic problem that will never be corrected. 150hr Cadets, trained by former 150hr cadets that have never flown for another airline or experienced any other operation anywhere else in the World. So the bad habits of previous generations just keep repeating themselves.
10min breifings before every departure and approach, and they still f*&k it up.
How the regulators around the World accept their approach to the operation is beyond me. When they refused to repatriate me after I resigned, I was more than happy to buy a ticket on another carrier.