PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scampton And Linton-on-Ouse Closure
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2018, 19:24
Champagne Anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Pontius Navigator;10206074]CA, you obviously missed the earlier point about the age and state of the hangars, not to mention less space than Hendon.

The road access is distinctly below average with a busy dual carriageway to the South and a very ordinary A road to the North.[/QUOTE

Point 1. That's why I said costs would be incurred through renovation and relocation, but that will be needed where ever they decide to relocate to... The Hangars would need to be looked at, but are they not listed buildings? Do you not want to see them maintained? If extra buildings are needed, then build them... You cannot make an omlette without cracking eggs!

Point 2. I travel the A46 regularly, at least three times a week and would not say it was particularly busy... The A15 heading North, is as straight as a dye, apart from the Scampton bump all the way to the M180 and only a short drive time to the M18, the A1(M) and the M62, the M1....

Access is probably as good as if not better than Fairford.... The disruption would only be a concern for only a couple of weekends a year when major events were held... i.e RIAT.

And the road structure is perfectly capable of handling the extra traffic if handled correctly.

Just needs a little vision and less negative waves....