PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2018, 18:33
vkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Angry from Purley
Sober Lark
There are plenty of forums where you can read how badly Ryanair has treated it's Staff, it's not only about pay to the average outsider (that works for an Airline) but more about recognition and respect. Sadly its been missing for many years.
Ryanair are good at spinning. They will tell you Pilots only work an average of 23 hours a week - shock horror you'll say. That's 23 flight hours so doesn't include the time to report for duty, the turn round time and to go off duty so more like 55 hours a week.
They will tell you that they stop flying every Christmas day so their Staff can be at home. They won't tell you the main reason is their Cabin Crew are paid ****e so cannot afford a car and guess what the bus services don't run on Christmas day.
I work about 50+ hours a week too, any overtime unpaid. Thats expected at a certain salary level and not anywhere near a pilots salary. A lot of people do. I also often work Christmas, I've no choice in that, but it rotates year on year. Don't get me wrong, I know Ryanair are not perfect by any stretch, I know that from friends who work for them, but the narrative portrayed by unions is always ott. Same for Irish teachers as one example, the train drivers, the bus drivers, the Luas drivers.

The sympathy from the general public has waned massively in recent years because people are sick of listening to it and being inconvenienced by unions looking for more and more....when comparitively their members are not doing too bad at all