PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2018, 16:57
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAS_2001
I was still looking forward to the Thai to BKK announcement, what a shame. Anyway, at least we have to 2 brand new connections to very popular Asian destinations (BOM and ADD).
Hopefully they were put off by all the negative passenger experience reports on this site and others.
I hope it's the kick in the teeth that MAN management needs to wake it from its smug stupor. As a very frequent flyer, I'll say it again: 'Manchester Airport is one of the worst airports in Europe from a passenger perspective. Most airports in Asia are better and an increasing number of African airports are also better.'. Although to add a little balance, I will confirm that the last trip through T1 last week was fairly tolerable both outbound and return.
I suspect the dark hand of MAG at play though as I've just had a 'never again' report from some friends in London who have just tried Stansted for the first time. Their considered view was that LHR and LGW were much better so why spend extra time heading out to deepest East Anglia for a worse experience.
Don't shoot the messenger. It cannot be an accident can it that of the three worst airports in Britain: Manchester, Stansted and Luton, two of them are MAG's two biggest airports.