PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2018, 14:03
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sober Lark
Many of us travelling and disrupted public are of the opinion that these striking pilots are well paid. Can you please post a copy of a payslip or a P60 (end of year certificate) showing this is not the case?
Well said, Sober Lark.

Most pilots ending up at ATPL levels, have pursued flying as a career which is often born from having years of passion to fly. So I certainly do not buy it when I hear union representatives sexing up their agenda to create an illusion of widespread discontent amongst the flight crews.

FR offer a pilot B737 type jet time and good as experience plus healthy salary levels too. Some go on to other airlines where they can get into the longhaul space flying heavies.

I think the unions in particular and their representatives need be extremely careful in how they push this because ultimately they are fighting a lost battle that has now actually placed pilots job security at definite risk right now. There will be redundancies and personal endebtiness defaulting on pilot tuition loans, mortgages, car loans and so on.

Plus the public opinion towards their cause is not on the unions side or the couple of pilots pushing for more love and touchie feelie workplace culture.

Some people are blind to seeing just how good they actually have it but there again, herd mentality and peer pressure can be cancerous.

There is always a batch of rookies eager to get into that right seat and with no interest in union activation, these rookies just want time on type and good pay and satisfying their passion for flight. Unions totally do not get that.