PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment conditions in GA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 13:38
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
I for one want to see the industry be a better place. And all that better place I want is people pay the minimum effing wage!
I don't pay a motza but we pay the minimum plus a bit, to make sure that everyone is well covered.

Working for below award is just screwing all the employers who do the right thing. It is often the people who work for below award, take the pitiful money to get the hours, who then start threads like this one complaining that their lives are unfair.

If you accept below award wages, you are telling everyone that you are not as good as the minimum pilot standard and you need to give your employer a discount for your own poor performance.
If you shake hands on that deal, at least have the integrity to suck it up and accept that you made a contract at that price and don't then go to fair work claiming you were screwed without consent. If you accepted those illegal wages and shook your employer's hand, you made a bargain and staked your honour on it. Learn and move on and have more self-confidence and more self-esteem at the next place.

People only offer below-award wages because a) they know people will accept them and b) they are scumbags willing to break Australian law to gain advantage over their competitors. If people refused to accept them, they would no longer be offered and weak people and pilots with low confidence would no longer feel obliged to accept them.

Personally, I don't want to employ the pilot who will offer to work for less than award.

Good luck.