PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 10:24
Flightlevel001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm praying they end up replacing their old equipment with these new scanners: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44925635

Perhaps then we might get a break from the aggressive yelling "Coat's/jackets off, belts off, laptops out, iPads out, shoes off, liquids/gels out, everything out of your pockets!" Before you get to the trays, so it's kicked barefooted along the floor whilst trying to hold up your trousers. Then when you get to the trays, each person needs about 4 or 5 because they insist on nearly every item going in it's individual one, increasing the chance of at least one of them being pulled to one side for extra screening (and more time having to wait in that awful environment).

All of the above is what's causing the queues, especially if you add bewildered non-frequent fliers into the mix or those with young kids in tow. I use the pre-check lane in the USA and people breeze through it. Fingers crossed, that's what these new machines are all about. Let's hope they get approved and make an appearance in the new terminal, I think they'll definitely help to create a less fraught and stressful environment for everyone.