PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to the US - which airline?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 21:08
Coconuts

Well I'm hardly very experienced cause I've only flown over the pond once, I'm just back from the west coast & I chose United but it was purely based on price since I booked fairly late.

How did I find them?

Weii I agree with other posters for someone whos an aviation enthusiast being able to track the flight etc on my seat monitor & listen into the cockpit transmissions courtesy of more than obliging pilots was a big plus. Plenty of movies/music stations if you're not into that kind of thing but personally I never bothered with them

The pilots I met were lovely, customer orientated, very helpful & down to earth.

Leg room in 'coach' as they call it 'economy' I call it was a bit limited & I don't have long legs.

Food OK

Staff in general great though one FA spat 'door' at me when I left the loo door open in haste to leave the aircraft after we landed. Thought it was a bit rude but considering they let me board my connection flight to the west coast 15minutes before it was due to leave due to idiot here losing my passport in O'Hare airport & they endeavouring to calm me down while I was having palpitations I think that can be overlooked.

Also they do a collection for charity with pax left over foreign coins at the end of the flight to Europe. Thought it was nice, some good to combat the evil of 9/11.

Question

Are all international flights met with 5 gun toting police officers as we were in O'Hare?