PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stobart Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 20:29
flyerflyer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finished with AFTA a while ago and can give you some information if anyone would like. Ill give a little break down and you can ask specific questions then?
First off its a good school and well run for the most part. If you aren't afraid of hard work then you will be fine and they offer every opportunity to do well.
-75,000 for all the hours and exams 1st time, also includes MCC/JOC on a 737-800, so it is not just designed for Stobart and if you go there there will be no pressure to go with stobart if you don't want to.
-75,000 does not include over hours (told to hold for 30 minutes in pa34) which can be very expensive which I found out. Does not include failing ATPL results.
-ATPLs should be finished in 6 months which is hard but do able.
-Recently there has been a lot of students come in so the competition for flying spots on the roster is fairly high (only 4 pa34 and 8 c172 I think). Its summer now so I am guessing people are flying a lot but don't expect to be on the roster everyday getting it done as fast as you want to.
-Instructors are very good, more so so as you get towards the end of the training but still met some excellent instructors.
-Course should be finished in 16 months which depending on the weather and start date can be very hard. During winter you may not fly at all.
-Initial assessment is fine as long as you can do basic math, english and physics. Show in interest and have the money to pay.

Ask away.