PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Le Touquet on a Sunday - first cross channel
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 18:52
GBEBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jodelman
Please don't spread false news. The increased french customs presence has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit.
I stand by my comment. This was the exact comment from the official Customs guy with the beard at L2k airport on 21/06/2018 at approx 13:30UTC who stated to me, when I commented that the office was new, that the reason that the newly built customs office was built, was due to Brexit. He could have been lying, but that is the words he said to me, therefore I stand by my comment. It was only a few years ago that customs were being removed, downgraded and the number of customs aerodromes in France reduced.

I submitted a GAR via a FAX machine
There is a fax machine in Alderney Operations for Faxing of flight plans to Guernsey. I was trying to use my iPhone to file it last year, and had no signal so had to manually write out a flight plan form and fax it. Was very strange.

Thats the initial clearance, but on request when airborne with Jersey Approach., I have always got a safer (higher) level 5000-7000ft.
Then you were lucky, and depends on where you are going and when. Most of the flight around here is not above 1000ft. Even the Flybe from Guernsey to Jersey only fly at 2000ft