PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS A330 BNE leaves pitot covers on
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 18:04
Dan_Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Framer

Good post indeed. We all suffer from the same problem, because we're human. Human fallibility will never be eliminated. Outfits and certain areas of the world who recognise this are on the right track. Punitive action will not cure this. One outfit in the ME, got rid of a Captain because he allowed the A/C to get a "little slow" shall we say.. Instead of trying to find out WHY it happened, they concentrated on stall recognition and recovery.

I find I'm more likely to make a mistake, if I am distracted or have allowed myself to be rushed. Experience should reduce the chances of this but not always. What about fatigue? Just because they are within the FDTL limits I.E, legal, doesn't' mean to say the person is fit to operate. With fatigue/stress, the victim is often the not really aware of the deterioration of their performance. People don't seem to have the time to prepare as we used to,because of "commercial pressure".. A loco Captain told me years ago the pilots didn't have the time to perform a decent a walk around, on many occasions. Profits and schedule keeping, before safety, seems to be the norm now.