PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking on the flight-deck
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 19:15
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have to agree with you, 'strafer', that my post wasn't addressing the main point of the thread. But I was answering the posts of the two people who took exception to 'Andu's' comment.

As for 'suffering' the company of young females at dinner on overnights, I think too many people writing in on these serious issues write from the life they'd like to think they enjoy as (virtual?) airline pilots rather from any experience they actually 'enjoy' in the real world. Someone smoking while you try to eat a meal is pain in the proverbial, no matter how eye-pleasing the package that someone may (or may not) come in might be.

Back to the point of the thread, I agree that the most junior FO should be able to complain. However, I remember all too clearly from my time as an FO that too many companies have an unofficial corporate culture that inhibits a junior crewmember from making a valid complaint, particularly over a matter as emotive as smoking. Anyone who doesn't believe that should only take a lok at how many posts this thread has generated.