PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Airline Training Delays
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 07:48
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t want to enter into an argument but, I will pass on some advice learned from years of experience ( decades actually). If one is finding it tough on a training salary and not turning over a dollar for the employer, I would suggest that you might not be flying and have time on your hands. You could supplement your income by taking other work in the meantime, I know that I did , many times. In fact after accepting a job with an airline and resigning from a the previous job, I was advised that the employment would not commence for several months to a year( zero training pay) . One friend not content with that situation found another job and now holds probably the highest post in that major international airline . We all thought it a brave move at the time but, in reality it was brilliant. If digging ditches or driving Uber is beneath you, sit and wait. As for the ‘ 5 minute’ comment; if the position was truly a goal of the individual, a training delay would not dampen his spirit nor reduce the size of his simile. However, someone using the job as a stepping stone and perhaps in a hurry, may well have that attitude. There appears to be plenty of aviation job vacancies at present.