PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2018, 17:10
tigertanaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ph1l1pncl

That really is a poor schedule to operate from Newcastle, it’s basically just 4 flights a day, and on some days the final flight down is at 16:50, it doesn’t even allow a full working day in the city for people who may come up from London. They may as well start advertising for people to use the train instead. As all I can see this schedule doing is making more people book in the train or with Air France/KLM, though I’ve not seen their recent schedule for the winter, are we still a rotation down with KLM too? Why did they reduce a rotation this year down to 4 from the previous 5? We never really suffered during the down turn and recession but it does seem to be getting much worse.

I now can’t see us keeping the 6 daily flights next summer, I am sure it will reduce further, unless all flying comes to a halt because of breakfast and they have to just send them to Newcastle to keep the Heathrow slots lol.
What dates is the last flight at 16:50? Even on the weeks with only 27 flights I can see a 19:30 (ish) flight.

I believe that KLMs schedules are down due to runway work at AMS. MME has also lost one rotation a day until the first week of September although NCL looks to be on 4 flights a day for the foreseeable future.