PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 18:14
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar Coverage

Not being in the ASA loop anymore (thank god!) I was wondering what is considered airspace in Radar Coverage and whats in Non-radar Coverage. My humble opinion is Jets mixing it with Bugsmashers flying VFR in non/marginal radar E airspace is a scary propostion and as such believe, marginal radar coverage areas with the chance of high performance aircaraft ops should be C airpace where everyone needs a clearance. Really, VFR ease of access to airspace has to be secondary to the chance that a high performance aircraft (prop or jet) will gain access through the VFR fellas windscreen.

Notice guys no abuse of anyone else on here, just putting my concern with the system out there, and seeing whether anyone agrees or disagrees.

Oh and 4 greens, you are right, the US is different, it has alot more primary and secondary radar coverage, and that is my problem with NAS. E airspace is sort of ok within radar coverage cos you can utilise a major component of its design, that is passing radar observed traffic to the IFR's on those VFR's you don't know about. Outside radar coverage what can you do for the IFR guys, 3/8ths of f**k all.