PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 429 - undemanded yaw question
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2018, 19:52
Dai Whirlybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the press release includes " the manufacturer recommended the precautionary replacement of two components"

That seems to me to equate to "system tested no fault found." I interpret that as the two components have been found by the manufacturer NOT to be demonstrating any obvious sign of malfunction or failure but have been replaced as a "precautionary" measure. Whilst I applaud any measure taken in the name of safety. just in case or otherwise, it's hardly a definitive conclusion.

I just hope and pray that the potential for a catastrophic technical failure has been removed by these measures, but at the risk of sounding disloyal to a fellow pilot and introducing the elephant in the room, the possibility of pilot error hasn't been mentioned. After all we are known to be fallible.

The authorities are clearly satisfied and have released the airframe back into service so it can now continue to deliver medical aid to Wiltshire which has to be a positive, but the cause has yet to be either identified or as I (cynically) suspect it is known, but yet to be promulgated.