PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Le Touquet on a Sunday - first cross channel
Old 20th Jul 2018, 19:34
GBEBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is now a full time Customs Officer at L2k, ensure you bring your PASSPORT and don't be a dick like the ULM Pilots I witnessed recently begging to be let in with nothing more than a driving license "because we thought we just needed id" #fail. (Same pilots who demanded to be let into the airspace despite not having transponders, not knowing the VRP's and refusing to follow ATC instructions... made me real sad to be British that day) ...

The "lady on the phone" is operations, they dont need PPR, like most places in France

However but CUSTOMS DO REQUIRE notice (Their website says 2 hours, and thats kind of acceptable for most purposes) if your flight is to or from France to the UK. You can do this simply via OnlineFAR.com - or direct email - see updated list here https://www.onlinegar.com/support.olg?opt=whereitgoes which says "On Request 2H" - although the customs guy said to me that because of BREXIT they have built this new manned station and will be manned all the time from now on...