PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - the best is yet to come
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2018, 07:51
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
Monarch man :
Nonsense statement as the separation between 2 777s is exactly the same as betwen 2 380s, so it will take exactly the same time to depart 5 777 and 5 380s. It is the weight category mixture, and especially a light after a 380 which is penalizing.
But if you apply the new RECAT separation ( like they do in CDG) together with better aircraft category grouping per runway , the Supers have minimal impact.
Incorrect ATC watcher, I suggest you go back and look at the separation applied in practice between 777s in DXB on departure vs a Super they are two ENTIRELY different values. In practice when I’m rotating in my 777, the 777 behind me receives a takeoff clearance, and so on and so on, diverging SIDS are planned so one turns left, the next turns right, the limitation is the 90 degree line up.
It is part of the on-going reduced wake trial, which in my view is a fudge. As for your comment regarding RECAT as per CDG, you clearly have little idea as to how OMDB is run, and given it sees a significantly larger number of 380 movements a day than CDG, or elsewhere for that matter it has far more relevance to discussions on airspace and runway capacity.