PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bird Strikes - What's it like?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2001, 06:52
FLUFFY SHOES

Red face

For weeks there had been a very very large flock of birds hanging around this little grass strip that we were based at. No matter what you did ie drive ya car at them, through stuff at them, unleash the dogs on them......not one was ever caught / hurt and all would return to the grass seeds on the runway. They always seemed to get out of the way just in time..........

Until one cold sunrise.....

Taking off in a Partenavia, lights on etc etc As previous practice dictated, they would scatter at the last second. This time for some reason they did, but just as I was rotating.....sounded just like a wipper snipper.

Flew through the complete flock. Blood splatters on both wing leading edges, nose and sides, and all over the props and engines. From wing backwards was blood and guts, somehow right to the top of the vertical stab.

Almost pissed my pants laughing so hard (..I must be mentally deficient...), but trying to wash all the dried blood and guts off was something else!!!

Instant ace 4 times over!!! Tastes just like chicken......Partemafia 20 - flock 0