PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas admits Arab 'terror' blunder
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 16:28
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
SwingWing

Thanks for that info.

May be time to reign in the CRM for Cabin Crew-or perhaps remind them of where they are in the decision making process.

The crew in this case made a call and will now have to account for their decision. The seriousness of the embarrassment to Australia and Qantas should be sobering.

The crew is on the world stage and I hope their decision making process, to walk off the flight, a little more evolved than I didn't like the look of them. Or did they just want to go home?

Big Kev & Bubbette

In 1947 Australia did not know which way to vote on the original UN partition plan. The issues confusing and possibly not even solvable. And Bubbette, like Australia then, not taking sides now.

So....

Stern Gang & Irun-integrated into the IDF post 48! Big Kev former Prime Ministers Begin and Shamir were members of this group you, by your own admission, label as guilty of terrorist ops.

USS Liberty-benefit of the doubt but a few years later IDF Air Defence units were monitored as ordering the shootdown of U2s collecting intelligence along the Sinia.

The slaughter in Lebanon(Sabra & Catila)-OK the Germans overseeing Jewish camps in the Ukraine during WW2 weren't responsible for the actions of foreign camp guards?

The execution on mass of Egyptian officers-it didn't happen Bubbette? Like the Holocaust? And for your info what the hell is the Damascus Chair? I assume you mean the German Chair used in Damascus.

The bombing of the King David Hotel-justifying terrorism are we Bubbette? How would the families of the recent tragedy in Haifa feel if your flippant "military target" sentiments applied to that incident in 20 years or so, by the Arab terrorists?

Count Bernadotte -a UN representitive with a vision of Jerusalem for all, not just an Israeli capital, and was assasinated by either Stern or Irgun.

The populaton of Palestine was about 700,000 in 1922 Big Kev. Most were Arab and a small part-83,000- Jewish. The exodus from Europe to Palestine began in this period-100,000. Countering your suggestion that the Holocaust was the justifiable reason for the mass immigration of European jews to Palestine.

The region a distasteful mess. Not taking sides and my only reservation being Australia has no reason to align itself closely to American-Israeli foreign policy and paying the price that brings.

And to suggest Israel a beacon of Western good manners in the MidEast fanciful.