PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 hard landing Chicago Area July 7
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2018, 06:08
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm,
I only had a go with the EC135 at the FNPT (Sim with vision but no movement) for my CRM - course, so I have to look to find a copy of the RFM EC135
but on the RFM, same manufacturer but different models, the bold face for ENG OIL pressure low is only
establish OEI flight conditions
everything after that ist just plain text....
And, depending on the flight conditions (I.e. HOGE - fly away), even after an engine failure, the manufacturer provides 2 ½ minutes power to establish OEI flight conditions.... and from the manufacturer approved flight instructors/examiner teach, to use the time (and power) available, to get to a save speed/height before further identifing and dealing with the emergency.

Also, you get an Oil pressure warning before all oil ist lost, so GulliBells Kaboom might take considerably longer.

I was trained with the forces, with all the bold faces by heart and fast response to emergencies.
And it took time, to adopt to the new philosophy, to calm things down as long, as you ˋre not plummeting out of the sky, so you wonˋt miss nitty kritty important bits.
But out of experience I have to say, the later is the better approach to emergencies.