PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL training not on track
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2018, 15:27
chemical engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL training not on track

Hello Ppruners,
I will give a little bit of background before asking your advice.
I finished my PPL back in 2013 and was flying regularly at the time. Then I couldn’t fly for one and half years because of life events and also I was doing ATPL ground exams. Then I joined a flying school last year. A fairly junior instructor flew with me in C152 for little less than 4 hours and checked me out. I hired on my PPL and continued to fly once a month happily. Then joined night rating course last winter with another more senior instructor. Finished it in 5 hours 20 minutes. Waited for good weather and finished CPL qualifying cross country solo in C152. Soon after registered for CPL flight training with a very senior instructor. My second lesson in PA28 warrior-3 didn't go very well with a lot of criticism (first was in a sim because of weather and it was alright). Things improved very slowly as training progressed and moved to PA28 Arrow. General handling in Arrow didn't go very well. When we got back to the ground, instructor told me I should not be an airline pilot and rethink about continuing my training. He said he will not let me hire aircraft from the school any more and if I want to continue, it's best to fly with a PPL instructor first to improve skills as it will be cheaper. All embarrassing stuff. More importantly very demotivating. I work mon-friday in a fairly stressful office job and go for training on weekends so need all the motivation there can be. I cancelled lessons over the coming weekend until I get some clarity of thought. My question is, have any of you of been in similar situation and what do you think is best way forward. Reading this forum for years, I never came across this situation.