PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smart Aviation in Poznan, Poland - Visit
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2018, 09:15
JakubEGSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nurse2Pilot
Silly question -- why consider these schools instead of Bartolini?
Hi,

There are no silly questions.

I am doing my ATPL theory now with Bartolini. Bartolini wouldnt reserve me slot for CPL ME IR course until I passed my ATPL exams, then it is a long waiting list. Other schools can take me on as soon as I am ready, and Gold Wings offered to start training while I go through my ATPL exams. With job market as it is at the moment there isn't true advantage of Bartolini over other schools. SmartAviation has vast fleet of glass cockpit Tecnams too and are cheaper = £11,000[+ exam fees, landing fees] vs £17,500 (19,500euros) at Bartolini.

Everyone circumstances are different and everybody should make decisions depending on those. My budget is super-tight and I want to get all my certification at lowest cost possible (creating me no debt), still with chances of being invited to interviews. I will probably be more relaxed when choosing MCC&JOT.

Bartolini are great and they were my first choice, but with lack of spaces for what I want to do I will be happy to train elsewhere. I believe we are in a unique moment in training market in Poland and we are able to take advantage of it and get all certification for a fraction of cost. This is will not last forever and as ATO grow prices will go up. I am taking the punt and making my move now.

That's my approach - and it will not work for everyone (give it strategically or financially).