PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2018, 05:21
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fletch
Having just tried to use the Stobart/Flybe service out of SEN it would appear that the wheels have well and truly followed off, with both operators also seeming to have lost the plot. Was this just bad luck or is this more endemic of problems with their operation out of SEN?
Hefty delays, positioners, cancellations and offloads could easily cost over £50k if everybody makes a claim on just 3 routes tonight.
Credit to the SEN staff on the ground who worked tirelessly despite no support from Flybe. Quite shocking how bad Flybe customer support actually was. And then there were the Taxi drivers....Back to Easy from LGW & STN.
I agree the airport taxi company is a disgrace, and I found the crazy drop off car park stressful to use, especially when one only has 3 or 4 minutes to escape through the exit barrier and is sitting in a queue of 5 cars and the front one is blocking everybody because their precious free minutes have expired. FlyBe do seem to be having a continued unlucky run of unserviceabilities with their fleet with no back up aircraft. I often wonder if Stobart Air will one day terminate their agreement with them and find a new partner airline.