PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 19th Jul 2018, 03:56
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ
Great if it comes off. Delta/United/Southwest have all cut back recruitment suddenly for reasons unknown but possibly due increasing fuel prices. I’m very skeptical still of the shortage crisis holding up, if it was coming to roost Delta, FedEx etc would have to dumb down their nasa style interviews somewhat.
As far as UAL is concerned, we do 99% of our training at the main training center in DEN and for the last, god knows how long, it’s been undergoing a complete refurbishment. It’s been a bomb site for at least the last 2 years and is only now, starting to look like it should. Together with the 747 retirements and training of those crews, there’s been a huge bottleneck in the training pipeline. Also, we’ve streamlined the scheduling of flights and departure/arrival banks at the hubs, which has meant the aircraft are flying more, with less overall new pilots needed.

UAL may see DAL hiring numbers but from the numbers I’ve seen, I doubt it. This all means sh1t if the trade war goes nuclear. A large proportion of our intl. operation is to mainland China and if that went bye bye, I’m pretty sure I’d be out on the street and I’ve been here 3 years.

Oh...and if age 67 passes, it’ll be a disaster to a lot of careers.