PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 11:41
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Dear oh dear oh dear.

When it all gets a bit hard, play the incompetent ATC card.

Snarek, just where the hell do you get off with such utter bollix?? Ulm, I have come to expect this kind of thing from you, so I shall not bother responding to your post. I had actually thought that you had gone off to uni (having finished school) and were too busy to post such rubbish.

Just where is your proof of this allegation? Do you have actual facts? Or is this the ranting of someone that can’t win an argument with professionals?

The RPT pilots have been making a bit of noise too, does that make them incompetent also? Could it possibly be that the ATC and RPT pilots of the country actually have a grasp of the significance of all the changes and you are only aware of what affects you? Hmmm?

Several of you AOPA guys have said that you don’t care how hard it is for the RPT/ATC folk to do their jobs…I put it to you that we actually care whether the traveling public is put at risk, whereas you and your aero club mates do not.
From the ATC perspective, if I stuff up you die…if you stuff up you die…so, we try to lessen the amounts of stuff ups.

I thought the issue had also been put to bed, that this alphabet airspace would mean more ATC jobs.
Doesn’t that small fact mean anything to you….or are you still in denial?

Personally I work with A C and F class airspace, anything else is too bl**dy hard to remember who gets what and why.

Now I’m tired of all this NAS stuff so…..

Hey all, question without notice, does anyone remember Dick Smith being bitten by a funnel web spider or something similar back in the mid 80’s? Apparently his wife got on the HF (they were having a picnic somewhere) and raised the alarm. If this story is true and not some urban myth, he would have been saved by the crowd that he then got rid of, the Flight Service Officers…ahh those were the days.
Did anyone actually do a comparison of costs involved in flying in the old days as to today? Just wondering.