PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL RECORDS
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2018, 09:33
layman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seaeagle109

I haven't been involved in this directly, & not at all for the last 7-8 years. This is an extension of HealthConnect, a 20+ year project, instigated largely by the medical profession (not government agencies).

The aim was to provide significantly better health outcomes for Australians, & has the potential to reduce the health budget at the same time.

The C'Wealth government had carriage because of the complexity of the politics surrounding the sharing of personnel health records across public & private health, commonwealth & state, the many diverse (& competing) areas in the health professions, & "the public".

It was more of a 20 year burden than a grab for funding/resources by C'W Health. I met more than a few prematurely aged public servants attempting to resolve the issues associated with this project.

This was one of the best examples of a 'wicked' problem I ever had the pleasure(!?) of encountering.

My personnel view: an excellent concept that will be almost impossible to implement to the satisfaction of more than about 70%(??) of participants.

If they can sort out the data security, this could one of those unsung systems that ends up saving Australia billions of dollars ...

regards
layman